Tuesday, 30 August 2016

B.E.D.A. Day 30: My Makeup Storage- When There's No Space!

Hello everyone!

This week I was challenged by MakeSpace to show you all how I Store My Stash.  I'll be honest, I almost said no.  I'm currently between living situations with limited space and I was almost ashamed of how my makeup was stored.  But then I realized that space is a luxury!  Not everyone has it, and if you're in a situation like mine maybe this will help you.

This isn't a beautiful vanity, or a spacious closet.  But it's functional, and makes the best out of what I've got!  It's important to realize that's the best we can do sometimes!




The first way I 'store' my makeup is in plain site.  I have all my brushes in one makeup bag, and my everyday makeup in another (see my video for the exact contents).  This just goes in the bathroom that I share on my side of the sink so that I have easy access to it every single day.

The other makeup I have with me goes in one of two places.


These drawers from Walmart have been a lifesaver.  I use the top two drawers for makeup and beauty products and the bottom three for clothes.  I have two of these in my apartment, but I could only take one with me.  I used to have a whole set dedicated to JUST makeup and beauty, but I had to pare down big time.



The pieces of makeup in these drawers are either new products I'm testing out, or things I tend to reach for once a week, but not every day.  I like having options, what can I say!  Right now I've got base products at the back, and then powders and eye products in the middle.  I keep all of my larger lip products in a red leather case so they don't get lost.  The lipsticks go on the top of the drawer set in a clear acrylic lipstick holder, which is probably the best piece of storage I can suggest to you.  Keeping lipstick organized can be such a chore, so this helps a lot.


The other place I keep the makeup items I rarely reach for is in this big 3-section zippered storage bag.  These are usually used for travel, but because of my limited space situation I had to commandeer it for a new purpose!  This is great because it has the makeup items that I occasionally do need, but don't reach for every day.  I keep all of my extra foundations in there, so I can always have the perfect finish but without it taking up the limited space I have in the makeup drawers.  Then I just pop this wherever I happen to have a little bit of space!   It even rolls up, although I tend to store it flat.

Now, I can hear followers of my blog saying, "I know you have more makeup than THAT!" and you would be right.  I have about a third of my makeup in storage right now, packed away in boxes until I move into my new place.  When I was moving, I didn't know about MakeSpace, but when they sent me this challenge, I wanted to know more about them and I seriously wish I could have used their self-storage services when I was moving.  They will pick up your stuff, store it for you, AND bring it back to you whenever you like!  Bonus: they are incredibly affordable.  Go check out their website!

I hope you enjoyed this post, feel free to let me know in the comments how YOU store your makeup stash!  And I will be doing a 'follow up' post of sorts to this when I finally move into my new (bigger) place, so stay tuned for that!

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment