Tuesday, 23 August 2016

B.E.D.A. Day 23: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Review

Hello everyone!

Today I want to talk about a new product I've been testing out (and talking about a little bit, you probably know what's coming!)


I recently purchased the $56 tube of Laura Mercier's Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer.  I wear the shade Porcelain, which is the lightest shade they make.

(I will insert some photos I've taken recently with me wearing this tinted moisturizer throughout the post so you can see the effect it gives on the skin.  Pardon my blemishes, I had an awful breakout a few weeks ago I'm still healing from, and I don't like to put concealer on zits because it blocks them further and prevents them from healing.)

I use a small amount of this over top of a primer, and blend it into the skin with my fingers.  I find the warmth of my fingers really helps this to blend nicely into my skin.  I wouldn't really recommend using a brush or a sponge for this.


This gives a very light but very nice coverage to the skin.  I find that it develops over the day too to give more coverage after a few hours than it does when you first put it on.

I usually wear this with a little bit of concealer to hide blemishes and dark circles, and set it with powder.  In the warmer months I have more oily skin, so I need to set this in order to stay matte throughout the day.  Even though it's oil free, I do find that I still get oily by the end of the work day


Product blends really nicely on top of this too.  I never have a problem with my blush or bronzer looking patchy or not blending out well.  Any powders I put on top of this don't fade either, they last all day long.  The only thing I ever need to top up is my regular face powder.


Overall I just really love the effect this gives me.  My skin looks beautiful and glowing and even.  This isn't nearly as heavy as foundation, so I love it for every day use.  And it doesn't oxidize!  Plus there is a good selection of shades so most skin tones should be able to wear this.

The packaging is a little cheap for something that costs so much, but the product itself is so amazing.  And it will last for a very long time since you don't have to use a ton of it per use.


Basically, this all boils down to would I recommend it? I'm sure you can guess this already, but I 100% do.  This has become my ride-or-die makeup must-have and I know I will be searching for a long time to find something as good as this!

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment