Thursday, 18 August 2016

B.E.D.A. Day 18: Lash Princess Review

Hello everyone!

After over a year of using the same mascara (Maybelline's Lash Sensational, ICYMI), I finally picked up a different one to test out.
This gorgeous tube of mascara is the Essence Cosmetics Lash Princess False Lash Effect mascara.  It was $4.99 for the tube, which is extremely affordable in my opinion.

The brush on this isn't something I would normally go for, but it isn't dangerous in any way.  It's a fairly standard conical brush, although I do find it longer than most others.  The bristles are synthetic hairs, not plastic, and they aren't rough or pointy when you're using the mascara.

The effect of this is stunning.  You get looooooooooong lashes, as promised, and a good amount of volume too.  I've never used a mascara that made my lashes look as long as this one does.

However, there is a major con to this product.  It transfers SO BADLY.  By the end of the day, I have black smudges on my brow bone because this smudges like a fiend.  I'm hoping as this gets used more and dries out slightly that it will stop doing this, but I have to say I was so disappointed to find that every single time I wore this it transferred.  If you don't have oily eyelids, this might not be a problem for you, but I do had oily lids and it's been a major problem for me.

So that's my honest opinion.  I want to love this, but when I end up with an unintentional smokey eye at the end of the day, I just can't love the product.

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment