Monday, 15 August 2016

B.E.D.A. Day 15: The Book Journal

Hello everyone!

This summer, I started taking a different approach to the books I've been reading.

Instead of just reading it and putting it aside to forget about, I've been recording everything I read in a book journal.


I got this one at HomeSense, and I think the quote is perfect for a journal where I want to record my thoughts on books.  Books are meant to let your imagination roam, and can keep you company when you are alone or lonely.  I freaking love this quote. 


Inside, I record the day I finished the book, the title, the author(s), a little summary of the book and my thoughts after finishing it, and who recommended it to me, or where I got it.

I've noticed that this makes me think a little bit more critically about the books that I'm reading.  I remember them better, and find myself talking about them to others more.  In the future, if I forget that I've read something, I can always go back and check so I don't accidentally read something I didn't like twice.

I think this is a great idea, and I highly recommend it for all you readers out there!

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment