Thursday, 11 August 2016

B.E.D.A. Day 11: Tips for Bloggers

Hello everyone!

While I'm certainly a low-level blogger, over the 3 years I've been doing this, I've definitely learned a few good tips for blogging that I'm going to pass on to you today.

1) Have a pet? Get a lint roller.

The face of innocence that will shed all over your soul.
The most frustrating thing for me is that my parents have a rug that makes a beautiful background for flat-lay, but it's COVERED in cat hair.  I could vacuum every day, the li'l stinker will lie on it immediately after I'm done without fail.  Thus, when I want to do a quick flat-lay, a lint roller becomes my best friend.

2) Enlist your friends!

I love including my friends on my blog. Yes, I like making new friends who are also bloggers, but why leave my existing friends (who are my biggest supporters) out of it? Case in point: Kelly recorded three videos with me for August.  What a champ!


3)  Buy a real tri-pod.

I didn't do this, and balancing my camera on a stack of books that I couldn't adjust is a huge regret for me.  Even if you don't record videos, a tri-pod makes a huge different to your blog photos.

4) Be honest.

My goal with my blog is to be 100% honest.  Sometimes my opinion will change, but I refuse to peddle a product I don't love.  I can guarantee that lying will not make your blog popular.


5) Do not go broke over a blog that isn't your life.

Let me explain this one.

For awhile, I was spending so much money on products for my blog.  And that was fine.  Except I wasn't using any of it.  I was buying it for content alone, sucking my wallet dry, for a blog that (ultimately) is a hobby, not a job.  If you are a blogger, please make sure you prioritize your financial stability over content.  Don't work yourself into a huge debt, don't spend your grocery money on makeup, and DO NOT sacrifice your rent for the newest release.

I hope you found this helpful, especially if you're just starting a blog.  If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below, and I'll see you soon with another post!

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment