Wednesday, 13 July 2016

Wet 'n' Wild MegaGlo Illuminating Palette REVIEW!

Hello everyone!


I recently picked up this highlighting palette from Wet n Wild and was so excited to try it out and review it for you!  I've heard a lot about this, but I wanted to put it to the test myself.


The price on this is fabulous.  It's $8 (CAN) for this HUGE pan.  There's 11.5 grams of product in there, and if that doesn't mean anything to you, the pan is larger than my palm.


I have the 320 Catwalk Pink palette.  There are 4 colours in this palette that can be used individually or worn together.  There's a buttery light gold shade, an icy pink, a darker rose shade, and a bronze shade.


My very first impression of this when I swatched it was "OH SHIT, IT'S GLITTER."  However, in using it I've noticed that the glitter is very visible in the swatches but not on the face.  My favourite way to apply this is with a fan brush.  I drag the brush through all four colours to mix them together, tap off excess, and hit the very tops of my cheekbones.  I look so glowy and illuminated, but I don't look like I slapped glitter on my face.


As I said, I've been mixing all of the shades together when I wear this, but there's no reason you can't use individual shades.  I think I'll use the rose shade as a blush topper, and the buttery gold/icy pink will be perfect for when I'm pale in winter.  Right now I'm tanned and can get away with using the bronze shade, but I know it's not an all-seasons colour for me.  I like that this palette is quite versatile in these ways. And if you don't think you'll ever use it up as just a highlight, I've used it as eye shadow as well and it's gorgeous.

I'd definitely recommend this palette.  I think the effect it gives rivals high-end highlighters.  It's not subtle, it's very in-your-face when you put it on, but for a glow-lover this is 100% the drugstore affordable option you're looking for.

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment