Wednesday, 6 July 2016

My Summer Reading List

Hello everyone!

As an avid reader, summer is my time to devour as many books as possible.  Interested in seeing what's first on my list? Read on!


Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
This is just one of those books everyone should read at some point (at least according to my mother).  This has been on my list for years, ad I'm going to tackle it this summer.

The Music Lesson by Victor L. Wooten
My roommate Brit gave this to her boyfriend as a gift, and he graciously let me borrow it.  I teach music, and I think there will be some good tips in this that will make me a better teacher.

Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson
Yes, this is a kid's book.  I have the whole series, I have for almmost 10 years, but I have never read them.  I can't wait to read these, I think they'll provide some lighter reading inbetween some of the heavier books I've picked.

I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
Speaking of heavy reading...  Everyone has read this book so I know it will be great.  I just can't believe I've never read this until now!

The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
Another one my mom recommended.  She loves Margaret Atwood, and the woman is truly a Canadian treasure.

Age of Bronze: A Thousand Ships by Eric Shanower
My cousin gave the whole series of these to me for Christmas.  I don't normally read graphic novels, but this series incorporates Greek mythology, which I love.  I'll start with this one, the first in the series, and go from there!

Wish me luck in tackling these titles!  Honestly, I better read more than this, I could read these in two weeks ;)

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment