Wednesday, 27 July 2016

BOSSYPANTS: Babbling Book Reviews

Hello everyone!


I haven't read something in a long time that made me feel the way Tina Fey's Bossypants did.

I love Tina Fey.  I think she is a wonderful person, a champion of women, and the most hilarious person.  I binge-watched 30 Rock, and I adore anything she's ever done (hello, Mean Girls!).

So Bossypants had been on my to-read list for a long time.  And I read it in 24 hours, no lie.

It's just So. Damn. Funny.

Injected with her usual wit, Bossypants reads like a self-help autobiography in which you truly feel like you are having a conversation with the author.  She covers everything, from her childhood, to motherhood, to being a woman in a man's world.  And yes, those infamous Sarah Palin sketches are included too!

I laughed with every page I read.  Sometimes I laughed so hard I cried.  I loved this so much I risked motion-sickness and read it in the car (I wasn't driving, don't worry).  It warmed my heart and made my stomach hurt from laughter, and really, what more could you want?

I'm loaning this to my mom next, and my boyfriend is reading it after that.  But there are lots of copies at public libraries and bookstores around the world if you're interested in giving it a read!

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment