Sunday, 3 July 2016

A Hair-Raising Journey: 30 Days of The L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Shampoo and Conditioner

Hello everyone!

I have the most dry, damaged, frizzy hair.  There, I've said it.  It's been like that ever since I can remember, but it got particularly bad after I lightened my hair a couple of summers ago.

I've been trying so hard to manage it, but I recently bought a product that I'm hoping will fix it.   I've tried out the L'Oreal Total Repair 5 shampoo and conditioner for a full 30 days, and chronicled my experiences, so read on to see if this might be for you!

(Side note: I wash my hair every 3rd day or so, so in these 30 days I've washed it approximately 10 times.)


What does it promise?
- repair the 5 signs of damaged hair
- rebuild and mend hair fibres
- restore strength, vitality, shine, and silkiness

Day 1
I noticed right away in the shower that my hair already felt WAY softer after I had shampooed and conditioned.  And that feeling didn't rinse away either.

I let my hair air dry, and didn't notice much of a difference in how it looked (still wavy!) but it did look less poofy at the ends.  For some reason, that's where I get all my volume, probably because it's the most frizzy and damaged at the tips.

Day 2
The next day, I could NOT stop touching my hair.  It was so soft.  Even the ends felt less brittle and looked less damaged.  In addition, there was a noticeable shine to my hair, but not in a greasy way (usually my only shine is oil).

I also sat on the floor for a solid 15 minutes examining my ends because I was 99% sure there were less split ends.  To be determined after a few more days...

Day 3
I was going to wait to do an update, but on Day 3 I saw my boyfriend for the first time since using this and he was like, "WOW YOUR HAIR IS SO SOFT!" Definitely note-worthy.

Also, my hair was still good and didn't need to be washed until Day 4.  Getting 3 days of no grease from my hair is pretty difficult, but this succeeded!

Day 7 (Week 1)
So soft.  My hair is so. Soft.

In addition to the feeling of my hair, I noticed the ends were carrying less weight than they usually do, mostly because they had no frizz so thus less volume.  I very much appreciated my hair looking less triangular!

I also felt like their was less breakage happening on my ends.  To be determined...

Day 14 (Week 2)
My hair is noticeably better.  There are definitely less split ends, my ends are less dry, less brittle, and actually have life to them.  My hair isn't weighed down by dead weight at the ends, and looks so much shinier, healthier, and it looks like it has more life.

This shampoo/conditioner combo is also keeping my hair CLEAN.  Sometimes, I find that my hair and scalp react poorly to a lot of products (i.e. the OGX Coconut Water duo) but my hair hasn't been greasier.  If anything, my washes last longer!

Day 21 (Week 3)
Honestly, there isn't a lot more to say.  My hair is steadily getting healthier, shinier, and less damaged.

Day 30: One Month Later... 
As you have probably noticed, I LOVE this.  It has made a world of difference to my hair and done everything it promised to do.  My hair is shinier, less damaged, there is less breakage, and it feels so light and bouncy.  The shampoo and conditioning duo doesn't leave my hair greasy, it actually prolongs the life of my washes.  My hair is also less frizzy and the curl has calmed down to look more wavy (and less wild).

One other thing I noticed is that this has made my hair actually grow.  Yes, it's gotten straighter, but it's also grown a full inch and a half as well!  It's crazy how well my hair has responded to this.

I would definitely recommend this product because the results are actually noticeable.  I'm kicking myself for not taking a before photo (I didn't really have much faith in this if I'm being honest).  I will be continuing to use this and repurchasing it when it's gone.

xoxo
Laura

P.S. I liked these two products so much I actually went out and bought the leave-in serum that goes with it.  Watch out for it in a favourites to see if I like

No comments:

Post a Comment