Wednesday, 30 March 2016

Review: e.l.f. Contour Palette

Hello everyone!


You all know by now that I'm obsessed with the e.l.f. quads, and I've recently acquired the contour palette (in addition to the blush palette and the bronzer palette).


The contour palette has a light and shimmery highlight shade, a slightly yellow matte powder (for under the eyes), and two matte contours, one warm and one cool.

If you read my review of the bronzer palette, you'll know I was disappointed with the quality of them.  Thankfully, the contour palette is closer to the blush palettes in quality.  All of the powders are smooth and pigmented, and blend well.


The highlight shade is very subtle, good for minimal days but not if you like a great glow.  Both of the contour shades are good, although I know the warm one is too orange for me (I'll use it as a bronzer or eyeshadow instead, or mix it with the cooler shade when I'm tanned).  The ashy shade, however, is perfect.  I purchased the e.l.f. contour brushes to use and they work really well with these powders to carve out your cheekbones.

The only downside about this palette is it only comes in one shade, and that shade only suits more fair skin tones.  I've noticed this problem with e.l.f. in the past, and I think it's a shame.

These are so inexpensive, and I think this palette is definitely worth your money if you are fair enough to suit it.

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment