Saturday, 16 January 2016

Review: The Maybelline Fit Me Stick Foundation

Hello everyone!

I'm back with another review today on Maybelline's stick foundation.  I haven't heard a ton about this, but it definitely intrigues me!


I wear the shade 115 Ivory, and I bought the Shine Free + Balance formula.  To be honest, I had no idea they made different formulas, but this one seems like it would fit my combo skin well regardless.

Price
The price for this is pretty good.  I got mine for $8 at Walmart.  So this is a pretty inexpensive foundation.

Packaging
The packaging on this is... plastic.  But I like that it's black, it makes it feel less cheap.  In addition, the lid secures well, which means you don't have to worry about it falling off in your bag and making a mess.

Performance
I have applied this with a damp sponge and with a brush.

With a sponge, this foundation blends out to a light coverage that can be built up to medium.  With a brush, it XXX.  I love how easy this foundation is to layer.  It doesn't have the best coverage, but it does look quite natural.


I personally don't set my whole face when I use this.  I find that it dries down to be fairly matte and powder can make it look cakey.  I do set my forehead, chin, and nose area where I get oily or where my foundation tends to slip or break up.

Here's a photo of my finished makeup:

As you can see, some larger blemishes show through (I didn't conceal them) but not redness or discolouration.  It looks nice and natural, not cakey or fake.

Throughout the day, this wore really well.  I didn't have to blot or re-powder, and it didn't crease or break up.

Overall, I'm really impressed with this foundation!  I think it might be my new favourite...!  I would definitely recommend this, especially if you have combo skin like myself.

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment