Monday, 4 January 2016

2016 Resolutions

Hello everyone!

I have a few little "resolutions" if you will that I'd like to do in 2016.  I did this last year and I actually completed a good portion of them.  This year, I'm going to make a few more personal resolutions and I'm going to complete my blogging resolution I didn't do in 2015!

Personal

1) Lose 20 pounds
Okay, stay with me here.

I've never been skinny, but I've definitely been healthier than I am now.  In the last year, I have put on a solid 30 pounds and haven't grown vertically at all.  And I wasn't thin to begin with (and I never will be, and I DON'T CARE!)

However.  The weight I am at makes me unhappy.  I don't like wearing 90% of the clothes I own or used to like, because they aren't flattering.  I've gotten rid of a lot of clothing that didn't fit anymore because I had gained weight, and I finally decided that if I was going to be so deeply unhappy, I would make it my goal to lose a little weight and be comfortable in my own skin again.

To do this, see resolution number 2...

2) Eat better!
I eat out a lot.  And that's a huge reason why I have been gaining weight so steadily.  I am going to aim to only eat out meals once per month (as in friend outings and dates) and to cook the rest of the time.  I will not be skipping meals, just putting more veggies and protein into my diet (and less carbs!)

3) Less caffeine.  Le crie.
 Okay, I admit it, I have a problem.  And I think my coffee intake especially is really dragging me down.  I'm going to cut down to 1 coffee per week in January, and one caffeinated tea per day.  That's a considerable decrease, and I hope to further cut back throughout the year.

So those are my personal goals, let's get to blogging goals!

Blogging/Vlogging

1) Revamp my blog
I said I was going to do this last year, and I didn't.  I really think my blog needs a makeover this year, and I think I'll take July off to do it, before going into B.E.D.A. (yes, I will be doing it again in 2016!)

2) Put out 4 videos per month, and 12 blog posts
This is a lot of work, and I'm pretty sure it won't be sustainable, but I'm going to try!  That works out to 1 video and 3 posts per week, and it just comes down to finding enough content.  If you have any ideas or requests, leave them below!

3) Improve my images
I really want to up my photography game in 2016.  Sometimes my pictures look so blah compared to other bloggers, I really want to step it up!

So those are my 3 personal and 3 blogging/vlogging resolutions for 2016.  I hope you enjoyed this, leave your resolutions in the comments below!

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment