Wednesday, 16 December 2015

Colouring Books: They Aren't Just For Kids!

Hello everyone!


I have been into colouring books since I could hold a Crayon, and luckily as an adult they have started making more complex designs for us older folks!


I have three books myself, Animal Kingdom by Millie Marotta, Enchanted Forest by Johanna Basford, and I have a smaller version of Animal Kingdom that tears out into individual postcards.


These are amazing.  The designs are just beautiful, I'm in awe of the illustrators.  It is so relaxing to sit down with a picture and make it my own in my own colours and patterns.


Colouring books are proven to decrease stress and anxiety levels and to reduce symptoms of depression.  As a student, I think these are an incredibly important self-care tool.

Most of these retail for between $15 and $25 depending on the store, and a pack of 56 pencil crayons is only $10!  These are definitely an excellent gift for anyone, especially the student or hardworking adult in your life.

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment