Friday, 11 December 2015

5 Festive-Makeup Must Haves

Hello everybody!

'Tis the season for holiday parties, whether with friends and family, at the office, or anywhere else you might be.

This is the time of year when EVERYONE breaks into festive makeup tutorials (and I will not be the exception to that!), but sometimes all you really need is a few select products to give you that perfect holiday look.


The first thing you need is a black liquid liner.  Whether you run it close to you lash line to hide falsies, or create a dramatic wing, black liner is definitely a festive necessity.


That festive red lip never goes out of style.  It's the one time of the year when I don't get glares from my parents for wearing red lipstick!  (Anyone else's parents do that? Red lips are a no-go?)  I love me a good red lip, and I definitely go a bit crazy with them throughout December.


Lashes are another thing that never goes out of style, and in the festive season I demand more and more from my mascaras.  Thus, I turn to falsies.  Ardell makes amazing ones at an affordable price, and I even reuse them.  You can go full dramatic, or subtle and fluttery.  I adore their lashes, and they're perfect for the holidays.


A full-coverage foundation is definitely NOT the way to go this season, you want dewy, fresh, and NATURAL skin.  Give a lighter coverage foundation a go, or even just a BB cream to let your natural skin shine through.  I just add on concealer as needed to cover blemishes, the  Urban Decay Naked Skin or Maybelline Fit Me are my go-tos.


And finally, let's amp up the glow factor and make our skin look even fresher (because we all know skin gets dry and flaky this time of the year).  Add on a highlighter to make your skin look full of life.  I personally like the Becca ones, both the pressed version on top of foundation and the liquid under.

So there are my 5 festive makeup must-haves.  Leave yours in the comments below!

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment