Monday, 2 November 2015

Review: H&M Velvet Lip Cream

Hello everyone!

Continuing with my H&M makeup reviews, today I'm looking at the Velvet Lip Creams.


I bought the shade Screen Siren, a deep vampy read shade.  The other shades didn't really appeal to me, but I'm sure other people love them (I'm picky.)


This retails for $12.99, so not cheap.  The packaging is plain, although I really like that the tube is clear so you can see the colour of the product.  The applicator is flat, kind of unusual for lip creams and glosses. I really don't like how hard it is to read the writing, I wish it was gold like on their other products.


Here's the product swatched on my lips.  I used a lip liner because products such as this tend to bleed.

I have a few major issues with this product.  First, it is patchy.  Not unusual for these dark shades, but it's hard to even it out, especially if it's dried even a little bit.

Second, it begins to flake almost immediately. NOT CUTE. AT ALL.

And third, if you press your lips together, it transfers and becomes more patchy, even if it's set.

Also it's incredibly drying. My lips are so chapped from wearing this.

This is a huge fail for me, which sucks because I was really hoping after the nail polish and eye shadow success that these would be great.  That being said, some high end brands have difficulties creating good liquid lip sticks and creams, so I at least have to applaud H&M for trying.

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment