Sunday, 8 November 2015

5 Couldn't-Live-Without Makeup Products

Hello everyone!

I got the idea watching THIS video to do a 5 products I couldn't live without post.  In typical fashion, this got lost in my drafts folder, but with midterms it works out having this lying around!

1) Maybelline Brow Drama Gel

I wear this every. Single. Day.  Even on no makeup days.

I did a full review in January, and my opinion hasn't changed.  This keeps my extremely unruly brows in place all day long without being too stiff.  It adds a little bit of colour and evens them out as well, and just in general makes my horrendous brows 100 times better.

2) Mascara

I don't necessarily have a specific one, although I LOVE the Maybelline LashSensational one.  I just love mascara.  It makes my lashes look longer and thus makes me look more awake. I think there is nothing prettier than natural makeup with long, full lashes.  It's effortless and simple and just emphasizes your natural beauty.

3) Face Powder

Again, I don't really have a specific one.  I love The Body Shop's Extra Virgin Mineral powder, and the Rimmel Stay Matte.  Powders are great because they even out your skin tone and keep you from looking shiny but don't weigh on your skin like foundation (and are a lot lower maintenance).  I don't wear a lot of foundation, I'd rather wear powder with a little bit of concealer if needed.

4) Fresh Sugar Lip Tints

Oh man are these expensive (but so worth it).  These are so moisturizing, better than any lip balm I've ever tried.  They smell amazing too.  I especially like that they have a little bit of a tint to it, again, really great for minimal/no makeup days.  These aren't greasy at all, and sink into the lips really nicely.  I just love them.

5) Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream

My final must-have product is this BB cream.  This is strongly scented, which I don't really like, but it evens out my skin tones and hydrates really well.   It looks really natural and fresh (as the name suggests) without being heavy (and it never goes cakey).  Total win-win.

Okay, so that's the 5 products I could not live without!  Let me know what yours are in the comments.

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment