Wednesday, 28 October 2015

Review: H&M Eyeshadows

Hello everyone!

Recently I did an overview of H&M's new makeup line.  I mentioned I had a bought a few things, and I'll be reviewing them all over the next few weeks.

















Today, we're going to talk about the eyeshadows.

I picked up 3 single pan shadows and a 9-pan palette.  I just need to say before I get into swatching, these have THE prettiest packaging.  I love it!


The singles I picked up are:

Ginger Snap
Gingerbread
and Russet Rose

and they retail for $7.99 each.


Ginger Snap and Russet Rose are both shimmery shades, but they aren't overly glittery and there are no large chunks of glitter in the product.  Gingerbread is a matte shade, but unlike a lot of mattes it's incredibly smooth, not patchy at all.


The palette I got is a collection of neutral browns, blacks, and greens.  This palette retails for $12.99 and I couldn't find the name of it...


I have to say, these may both be eyeshadows but they are NOT the same.  The quality of the shadows in the pallete  is not as good as the single pans.  The palette shades aren't as pigmented, they aren't as smooth, and they don't swatch evenly.  They are fine on the eyes, but they are not as nice as the single pans.   In addition, the singles don't have as much fall-down (the palette shades have a lot.)

I still like the palette, but I think you should buy the singles instead.  They're a lot better quality, and they're still very affordable.

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment