Wednesday, 14 October 2015

Autumn-Ready Lip Colours

Hello everyone!


I recently talked about autumn-ready nail polishes, and thought I would do the sister post, autumn-ready lip colours!

I ALWAYS go more bold with my lips in the cooler months.  Summer I neglect lip colours almost entirely, but as soon as the cooler weather hits and the leaves start changing on go the red, berry, and plum tones.


1) M.A.C. Ruby Woo
Alright, so this is a shade I will admit I just wear a lot.  But it's perfect for the transition into the cooler months.  I love how matte this is, and that it lasts forever.  Yes, it was a little pricey at $20, but I can honestly say it was well worth it! The internet has hyped this up to cult-level proportions, but with very, very good reason!


2) Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Bordeaux + NXY Lipliner in Cabaret
This is a new purchase, and I already love it to pieces.

Bordeaux is a really deep burgundy colour with lots of purple and less red to it.  It is so incredibly dark, yet it looks amazing with my skin tone (I'm very fair, with neutral undertones).  I don't want to say it would look great on everyone, but I think the vast majority of people would look good wearing this shade of lipstick.  Bonus: it was only $6.

I find it really hard to find affordable lip liners in those deep wine and berry shades, but this one if perfect.  It looks really nice with Bordeaux, but there are tons of ways you can wear this on the lip, including by itself or with just a gloss over top.


3) MAC Velvet Teddy
Yet another matte MAC lipstick...  This one is nice, because it's more on the brown side.  I prefer brown nudes, and matte finishes, so this is utterly perfect for me, and awesome for the fall months.


4) Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick #44
This is another favourite nude shade that I think is a great option in the autumn months.  This is a pinky-brown nude shade that is nice and warm in tone. The pink in it makes it more wearable, but the brown in it makes it a perfect autumn shade.


5) NARS Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella
This is another amazing red, slightly deeper in colour than Ruby Woo or any other red lipsticks I own.  The finish isn't too matte, and it's not drying on the lips at all.  Because it's a pencil, it's super easy to fill in the lip neatly too.

And that's it for my favourite Autumn lip colours!  Let me know what yours are in the comments :)

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment