Sunday, 25 October 2015

A Rainy Retreat: Reading Week 2015

Hello everyone!

In first year, during the winter reading week, I made a post chronicling the adventures of me and my friends as we took a trip to Ottawa for the break


This year, I went camping with my boyfriend up in Grey-Bruce County.  We had a tent right on the banks of the Sauble River in the provincial park, and even though it rained the ENTIRE TIME it was still an incredibly fun (and beautiful) trip.



















It rained a lot, so we spent some time in Museums.  We went to the Bruce County Museum in Southampton, which involved a lot of their cool local history.  Their museum was really good!




We also spent some time on the Southhampton beach, which looks more like Nova Scotia than Ontario.



We went to Sauble Beach as well, again under threat of rain.  I have so many really nice pictures of being here, it was hard to choose which ones to use.




















The highlight of the trip for me was seeing the salmon jumping up the falls.



















The last day of our trip we went to Grey Roots Museum in Owen Sound.  They had an amazing dinosaur exhibit set up, and yes, the T-Rex scared the bajeezus out of me.


We hit up Inglis Falls on the way into town on a whim, and it was AMAZING.  So pretty.


























The baseball Gods blessed us that day as we sat in a Boston Pizza and watched Bautista hit that ball straight outta the ball park.  That was a great ending to that trip, even if it didn't involve the actual camping part ;)


All in all, it was an amazing trip and I'd do it all over again (except maybe in August instead of October next time?)

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment