Wednesday, 5 August 2015

B.E.D.A. Day 5: Products I Regret Buying #1

Hello everyone!

I'm sure at some point we have all gone through our products and found that there are ones kicking around that we never use.  Maybe they don't work, aren't any good, or just aren't right for you.

Recently, I went through my products and cleaned out a whole bunch that just weren't for me.  I thought I'd share them with you to stop you from buying products that aren't worth the money, no matter how much or how little they cost!

1) Rimmel Matte Balm in Unapologetic



This is going to be a pretty lip product heavy post, because lip products are the ones that tend to let me down the most often.  This one was bad.  The colour was terrible for me, but the formulation was just as bad. It settled into dry patches, dried out your lips, and didn't go on the lips smoothly or evenly at all.  I do NOT recommend the matte balms from Rimmel (however, the lacquer balms are amazing!)

2) Maybelline Lipstick in Shocking Coral



My main complaint with this is the colour.  It just looks terrible on me, I look yellow and washed out.  I have learned my lesson, these shades are not for me!

3) All-natural Lipbalm



I buy a lot of all-natural lip balms, this is really just a stand-in for every single one I've ever bought.  They never work. I need to stop buying them, and focus on ones I like that work, such as Maybelline's Baby Lips, or the EOS balms.  The EOS balms are free of bad chemicals, so from now on I'll skip these types of balms and go straight for the EOS ones.

4) Maybelline Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara


This is a classic example of "YouTube made me buy it." A YouTuber recommended it, and since I needed a new mascara I decided to give it a shot.  Needless to say, my lashes didn't look as fantastic as hers.  This just made my lashes look uneven, the extensions weren't uniform throughout the lashline.  One eye would look volumized, one would look lengthened, and neither would look good.  This also flaked like nothing else.  Terrible.

5) Nivea Aqua Effect Moisturizing Night Care Cream


Now, disclaimer here, I loved this when I first bought it.  But...

Over time, I realized this wasn't actually helping my skin.  It created a barrier which I mistook for moisturizing. In reality, it's like putting Vaseline on your face: a quick fix, that makes you drier as time goes on.  This left a greasy residue as well, and blocked my pores something fierce.  I won't be buying this again, or any Nivea face care.

That's it for Product Graveyard!  I hope you enjoyed it, let me know if you did and I'll do more in the future!

xoxo
Laura

Don't forget to check out my YouTube Channel for videos every Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment