Monday, 3 August 2015

B.E.D.A. Day 3: Review: St. Ives Naturally Soothing Oatmeal & Shea Butter Body Lotion

Hey everyone!


I don't know about you, but I am terrible for moisturizing my body.  I have bottles of lotion in various stages of use that inevitably get forgotten in cupboards and drawers.

That's why this lotion is such a revelation to me.  Not only do I actually use this regularly, it has become somewhat of a Holy Grail.  I've had this lotion for a few months, and since I rave about it so much I thought it was about time I did a full review.

This lotion promises instant, hydrating relief for dry skin.  It says it is fast absorbing and non-greasy. It is formulated without parabens and contains 100% natural moisturizers.

This is amazing.  The lotion is super hydrating, yet it sinks into the skin beautifully and immediately.  You aren't left with a film of greasiness on your skin, it just sinks in and leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth.  In addition, it is really great for sensitive skin;  I find if I moisturize my legs after I shave I get a very red, itchy rash.  This does not cause that rash for me, just gives me an instant hit of moisture that I desperately need.

The best part is that once this sinks in, you don't get that overheated sensation that sometimes comes with moisturizing, especially in the summer months.  I never have a problem with being too hot or feeling like I'm covered in a coat of heat-trapping plastic.

The scent of this is also amazing.  It is very warm and soft and subtle, nothing too overpowering.  It's something I would definitely say relaxes me.

The other thing I love about this is that it has a pump.  I hate lotions that come in a squeeze bottle.  This has a great pump, and is quite sturdy so you can put it on your bathroom counter and it won't fall over when you reach to use it.

All in all, I'd give this a big thumbs up, definite 5/5 stars.  If you need a lotion for the summer that will fully moisturize without making you feel like you've wrapped your body in plastic wrap, this is definitely for you!

xoxo
Laura

Don't forget to check out my YouTube Channel for videos every Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment