Friday, 28 August 2015

B.E.D.A. Day 28: Cocktail Recipe: Cosmos with a Twist

Hello everyone!

Well, my bartending days may be behind me now, but I still love a good cocktail, and I definitely love making them myself.

My drink of choice is a Cosmopolitan.  Normally if I order these at a restaurant, they come as a martini, but who wants that?! I like mine big.  Case in point:

So here's the perfect Cosmo recipe, and a little twist you can add to take it up a notch if you want!

You will need:


2 oz Vodka
2 oz Triple Sec
2 oz Bar Lime (or lime juice)
8 oz Cranberry Juice

Ice

Shaker

Sangria Glass (or large wine-like glass of some sort):


Combine all of the above in a shaker full of ice, and shake it until the canister is cold (about 30 seconds). Add a few cubes of ice to your glass, and strain the liquid over it.

I would garnish this with a few floating cranberries (frozen ones are awesome!) and a slice of orange or lime.  Some people sugar the rim of the glass,but this is sweet enough as it is, so I skip that step!

As for the twist...

On martini night at the bar I worked at, it was really busy and I accidentally poured pineapple juice into the shaker that had a Cosmo prepped and ready to go.  Instead of throwing it out, I drank it after my shift.  AND IT WAS GREAT!  So if you're feeling adventurous, throw in a few ounces of pineapple juice before you shake, and you've got a little twist on a great drink!

Hope you liked this, let me know in the comments if you want some more drink recipes from me!

xoxo
Laura

Always drink responsibly, and NEVER drink and drive <3

No comments:

Post a Comment