Wednesday, 8 July 2015

Review: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Polishes

Hello everyone!


In my recent Nails Of The Week posts, I have featured the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear nail polishes a few times, plus I talked about them a lot last summer.  I figure it's only fair to do a full review, because these are definitely not the best nail polishes I have ever used, but I do have a solid reason for loving them.

These retail for about $2.50 depending on where you buy them, so they are definitely cheap polishes.  Most of the shades only take one to two coats of polish to get it perfectly opaque, and they dry slightly shiny, but not as shiny as a gel.  I recommend using a top coat to improve the longevity, but without a top coat they last about 3 days on the nails before they start to chip noticeably.  The drying time for these is about 5 minutes per coat until it sets, and 15 minutes for it to be fully dry.


So why do I like these polishes?  They aren't top of the line, and they are pretty average in their performance.  But I'm not a nail polish person, I only wear it sporadically.  It's not something I want to invest in, because I will never go through a whole bottle (not even close!)  I also use my hands a lot when I work, so I don't need a polish that claims to last (because it won't!) I only need something that looks nice for a few days, and then is easy to take off.

That's why these are perfect.  They have average longevity, and are inexpensive.  Plus, the shade range is AMAZING there is a colour in there for everyone.

I hope this review was helpful, I really do rate these polishes because they fit my lifestyle and what I like so well.  I suggest you give one a try, even if you don't like it you aren't losing out on $14 like if you bought an Essie polish!

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment