Tuesday, 28 July 2015

Review: Essence Lip Liner

Hey everyone!

I've heard so many people talking about the Essence lip liners.  At first I wasn't sure about the hype, but when Casey Holmes started talking about them, I knew they had to be good (girl's got standards!)

Anyway, I purchased one and have swatched them all and I thought I'd do a full review for you today!

Shade: 07 Cute Pink
Packing

Regular stick formula that you sharpen.  I like that the colour of the paint on the pencil corresponds with the colour of the liner.

Price

These are dirt cheap, I believe they're $1.99 each, and that's a bargain no matter how you look at it!

Performance

In the store, I swatched all of these on my hand, and I noticed one major thing.  No matter what colour you swatch, they all have the same payoff, same texture, and same pigmentation.  These are incredibly creamy and opaque, with great pigmentation.  They also blend really nicely.

On the lips, these are incredibly easy to apply around the lip line and blend out the create a softer line.  I used it to fill in my lip completely and I would honestly leave it as it is.  It looks like a really nice matte lip.

This doesn't cling to dry patches, lasts pretty well (especially for a lip liner) and is just in general an amazing product.

Left: Lip liner Applied                                                            Right: Lip liner blended out

Final Thoughts

Final thoughts?  This lives up to the hype, 100%.  It ticks every box of what a lip liner should be and then some.  Add that to the fact that it's so cheap and WE HAVE A WINNER!  I would definitely recommend it to you!

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment