Saturday, 16 May 2015

Makeup May: Week 2 Results

Hello everyone!

This week's products were a sharp contrast of hits and misses, so we better just get to it!

Don`t be fooled, the eyeshadow looked terrible within an hour.

Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer



Okay, so this wasn't as bad as I expected, but I do see why I didn't use it much.

I find the formula really dry, even though it's a liquid.  I'm not sure how else to explain it.  The colour is alright, but it's only meant for under the eyes so it is very yellow in tone.  That being said, it did conceal my dark circles and there was a little bit of a brightening effect.

I'm going to keep this, and make an effort to use it more just to use it up.  So many people really like this, I really want to like it too.

Verdict: Keep.

MAC Prolongwear Concealer and Face and Body Foundation Samples



These little samples pack a lot of product into them!

I really liked Face and Body, but not enough to buy it.  It's a very sheer coverage, and looks super natural, which is great.  I personally just like a little bit more coverage.

The concealer was also nice, but I found it was more brightening, less concealing, and it definitely settled into fine lines.

Verdict: Used up, but won't be purchasing.

Covergirl Professional Loose Powder



This wasn't bad!  I really enjoyed using it this week.

I think the only reason I like my regular Extra Virgin Minerals powder better is because it doesn't smell.  This has a very chemical, almost pine-y smell.  It does fade (or I just got used to it as I wore it throughout the day, I'm not sure).  The powder itself is very fine, and gives a flawless, matte finish to the skin.  This one does have more and bigger holes to dispense product though, just be warned.

Verdict: Keep!

Revlon Cream Eyeshadow Quad



This was terrible.

I used every single primer I have, ones that have never failed me, and it creased.

It creased by itself.

It creased if I set it with a powder.

It didn't blend, it has awful pigmentation, and it wore off my eyelids in patches.  It looked awful within an hour or two, and I wanted to scrub it off and start again.

Verdict: TOSS!

Joe Fresh Sheer Lip Crayon



To end on a brighter note, I liked these!  They had a very creamy texture, nice pigmentation, and weren't drying.  I liked that they fade out to a stain, instead of just fading away completely, because the colour then lasts longer and you don't have to touch up too frequently.

Verdict: Keep.

Well, it was a slightly disappointing week, but we move on to new products to test tomorrow and hopefully have better luck!  I just didn't find anything that WOW-ed me this week unfortunately.

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment