Saturday, 14 February 2015

What's In My Bag: Valentine's Day

Hello!

Today is Valentine's Day, and if you're anything like me, you're probably having a Netflix marathon on your couch...

I mean, trying to fit as much crap in your teeny handbag as possible!


Today's post will help you achieve just that.  But, like me, you will have to resist the urge to put 'safety' products in there too (but seriously, you don't need an umbrella, compact rain coat, or an extra pair of socks.  Put those away.)

So for the bag itself, I am using one that was my mom's.  But in the realm of tiny purses, this one definitely fits the bill.  However, you can shove a surprisingly large amount of stuff in there!  I have two purses like this, the other one is white with beautiful beading.  The reason I like this one is because it opens up to a sort of pyramidal shape, so it holds more than it looks like it does.

So let's get into what is actually in this bag!


I will mostly carry around cosmetics.  For me, that means a powder, brush, chapstick, and the lipstick I'm wearing.  Tonight, I have the Rimmel Stay Matte powder, which is great because it's flat and small. The brush I'm bringing is the Real Techniques retractable kabuki.  This is perfect for small purses because it's shorter than most face brushes, and the cap keeps it from getting dirty/dirtying your bag.  Then I've got MAC Ruby Woo and the unscented Baby Lips from Maybelline.


Around my powder I like to secure a hair elastic.  I always need a hair tie, and this way I know where it is and don't have to fish through my bag for it.


Then I like to have a bottle of hand sanitizer. Bath & Body Works have little 29 mL bottles that take up very little space.  In addition, I throw in a few bandaids, just in case my heels are rubbing against my feet and hurt, or if I do something klutzy and end up bleeding (both are likely scenarios).










Finally come the essentials.  Debit, ID and student card are incredibly important, as are keys.  And of course, my phone.  I take the case off when I put it in my teeny purses so that it fits better.

















Now to put it all in.  There's a little pocket on the side that I slip my cards, bandaids, and keys into.  Then I slip in my phone and powder, and arrange everything else around them!


Voila!  There's even room to spare!

I hope you enjoyed this post, and no matter what you're doing have a great night tonight!  Those of you vegging on the couch, I recommend 30 Rock if you want to start a series, or The Other Woman if you want a movie.

Have a great night guys <3

xoxo
Laura

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Your little bag looks super cute. Thanks for the series recommendation - I have been looking for something new to watch! x

    Jana
    Life of Jana

    ReplyDelete