Friday, 13 February 2015

Tutorial: (Taylor Swift-Inspired?) Glam Look

Hey everyone!


So I recently posted this photo on Instagram, and SO many people kept complimenting me on it! I thought I'd do a quick post letting you all know how to re-create it.  Follow me on Instagram HERE for more looks being posted and let me know if you want to see any of them!

This look is very simple and yet still super glam, perfect for Valentine's Day :)










For the skin, I used the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation, buffed in with the Real Techniques Buffing brush, and set with a small amount of Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder.










I actually contoured using a slightly odd technique that I really enjoy.  I use done of those annoying brushes that you get with powders, this one is from a Physician's Formula powder, and used it to create a bold contour.  As well, I didn't use an actual contouring powder, just a setting powder that is for darker skin tones.  I like this techniques because I get a bold contour line, and the powder is never shimmery, it's always completely matte, so it looks more natural.  There is no blush used for this look.











The eyes are super easy, I just used the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Barely Branded all across the lid and blended out really well.  Then I used the L'Oreal Lineur Intense  in Carbon Black for a really bold winged liner.  The mascara I used is the L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara, and it gives such bold, full lashes.


Brows are entirely the Maybelline Brow Drama in Light Brown.  SO EASY!


Finally, on the lips I have the Rimmel by Kate Moss lipstick in 01.  I think I actually lined my lips too, but I have no idea with what!

And that's all I did!  This was super easy to do, and it looks so glamorous.  And it's definitely more than a little Taylor Swift-esque!

I'll see you all very soon, have a good week!

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment