Sunday, 1 February 2015

January Favourites

Hello everyone!

I am back with a January Favourites post!  I know, I haven't done one in ages.  But this month I actually had very clear favourites.

Let's jump in!

Beauty


My first favourite is the L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara.  I've been loving this for months, it makes my lashes so long and fluttery without looking fake or weighing them down.  My tube is almost out, so I will be repurchasing another one real soon!


The Maybelline Brow Drama, which I reviewed earlier this month, has been a favourite throughout January.  Since I did the review, I won't harp on about it, but it does such an amazing job and it's started to get me into actually doing my brows.


I bought the Hard Candy Eyelid Primer earlier in January as well, and it has completely exceeded my expectations.  When I use this, my shadows don't budge an inch, and it was only $6!  It's a huge tube, and you only use a little, so it will last forever.  I also love that it's tinted slightly, so when you apply it the lid area is evened out slightly.


I've been doing more winged liner this month, and the L'Oreal Lineur Intense has once again become my Holy Grail for it.  Nothing else makes winged liner so easy.  Mine is starting to dry out, so I went and bought another one, but I've used this every time I did my makeup this month.


My final beauty product is actually a combo of products.  I saw Nic from pixiwoos use the Real Techniques sponge to apply her powder over her foundation, and have fallen in love with this technique.  I use The Body Shop's Virgin Minerals powder and the sponge and it gives a really good amount of coverage.  It doesn't look cakey either.  I also use this on top of a little bit of face primer without foundation for days when I want less makeup and it still looks great.


I do have a body wash for this section, and it's the St. Ives  Oatmeal and Shea Moisturizing Body Wash.  I got this in a gift set for Christmas and haven't used anything since, it's fabulous!  I love the scent, it's really nice and sweet, but not overpowering, and doesn't cling around too long.

Food and Drink


At Christmas, my Aunt gave me two giant boxes of coffee with 30 K-cups in them for my morning coffee.  These are my new obsession.  It's the Timothy's Rainforest Espresso blend, and they are AMAZING!  The flavour is perfect.  I'll be buying these when I run out (I still have a full box left though, don't worry!)


My mornings have included a lot more breakfast recently, and it's all because of this Coconut Chia granola.  I mix this with a peach or coconut yogurt and it becomes the most filling breakfast that can get me through the whole day.

Life


This is a kind of random section since I didn't know where else to put these things...


The first new favourite has to be my bauble hats I got for Christmas.  These are super warm but also super cute.


I've also been loving a show this month (and have actually finished it already).  Anyone who has seen Sex and the City will know that a few years ago they made a prequel called The Carrie Diaries.  I love it.  I'm actually really upset it got cancelled, but I will say that despite that the season ended on a good note, tying up most of the loose ends and giving closure, which most shows that get cancelled don't do.  If you're into Gossip Girl and shows like that, give The Carrie Diaries a try.

So those are my January favourites!  I have more posts coming up, so stay tuned!

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment