Sunday, 11 January 2015

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara

Hello and welcome back!

I have a new review for you today of a new brow product from Maybelline. As most of you know, I don't really do my brows much, but some days it's nice to give them just a teensy bit more definition.  That's what drew me to the Maybelline Brown Drama.  This is a tinted brow mascara (as they call it) that promises to sculpt and tint brows in one easy step.

I've heard people say this is the drugstore version of the Benefit Gimme Brow, so let's see if it's worth its salt (and lives up to that title).

Packaging
So, let's look at packaging.


Nothing special in my books, but nothing offensive either.  My only issue is that it looks a lot like a regular mascara, and there's a solid chance I'll try and use it as such!


The wand is pretty cool on this. I like the ball on the end for combing through your brow hairs.

Price
I think this is fairly reasonably priced.  I bought it for $10, which isn't bad.  Since I don't do my brows often, cheaper is better.

Performance
On to the fun part, testing! I am using Soft Brown, the second shade (of 3)


These are my brows on their own.  I spent 20 minutes grooming these suckers before doing this post, I hope you appreciate it!  My brows are fairly thick and unruly (as you can CLEARLY see), but there are some sparse patches that I like to fill in.


Here's one brow done, one left.  Spot the difference?


Both done.  See it now?


Let's compare.

I'm actually shocked at how good of a job this product did on my brows.  They look fuller but so natural.  You can't tell on camera that I've filled them in, and I promise you can't tell in person either. I just look like I have fuller, darker brows.

My brows are firmly in place too, which I wasn't expecting.  They are not going anywhere, but they also don't feel like they've been cemented to my face.

Final Thoughts
Everything about this product feels natural, from the look it gives the feel of it on my brows.  This is going to be a new holy grail product for me, I'm even going to start doing my brows more often!  Until I used this, I honestly never felt a need to do my brows, thinking they always looked too fake, no matter what I did.  This does not look fake at all and gives a noticeable difference to my face.  I am 100% in love.

One thing I want to mention for when using this, I found angling the wand so that the regular part of the spooly was applying product, then using the ball part to comb through was most effective and got the most product onto the actual brow.  Using the tip of the wand was also good for targeting areas that needed a little bit more product too.  Overall, this was very easy to use!

***UPDATE***
After scheduling this post, I've been using this product almost daily, so inevitably I fell asleep without taking my makeup off at some point... This stayed on all night, and my brows still looked amazing when I woke up the next morning!

I hope you liked that review, comment if you've used this and what you thought of it!

Until next time!

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment