Saturday, 17 January 2015

Post-Christmas Haul

Hello everyone!

After Christmas, I did a little bit of shopping using money and giftcards I received, and of course there were some great sales on that I just couldn't resist!  Here's a quick haul post of the things I got, enjoy!

So first up, I was given some money on giftcards for a store in my hometown and I decided to pick out something new for myself before I can back to school.


I got this massive red and white plaid blanket scarf, which I've been looking for all winter.  I'm super excited about this, it's not only HUGE but incredibly warm as well.  I actually got this for 10% off, which was really great, especially since it wasn't cheap!


Then from a brand called Coco & Tashi I got this floral and black long-sleeved shirt.  I love the leather detailing and sheer sleeves, it makes it so much more interesting. Even better, it was 25% off!


Mark's Work Wearhouse also had a big sale, and I got these dress pants, regular $50, for $30.  I don't own black pants/dress pants, so these were a great and much-needed purchase.


Michel's, the craft store, had a huge sale on and when I went in with my mom I couldn't resist.  I got these two journals for $1.50 each, and 6 notecards for $1.50 as well.  They had so many great things for $1.50, I could have bought the entire section!


I did get a couple cosmetics too.  In the post-Christmas sales at Shopper's Drugmart, I got this Quo Clutch for 50% off.  If you can still buy this, GO!  The colours are beautiful, it has a full kit of cosmetics, and it has three brushes.  The best part for me is I'll use every part of this kit, nothing will go untouched.


The other cosmetic items I bought were from Walmart (as per usual).  I got the Maybelline Age Rewind concealer on EssieButton's recommendation.  I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, I'll get back to you.



I also picked up another one of the Hard Candy face primers and their eye primer.  The face primer promises to help makeup go on smoothly, and since I like the other one I thought I'd give this one a shot. For the eye primer, I just really want something to rival the e.l.f. one, so I thought I'd give it a shot.



I did then pick up two blushes, one from NYC in the shade 650 NoLiTa Pink, and the other from Wet n Wild in 831E Pearlescent Pink.  I've had the Wet n Wild one before and it is amazing.  Unfortunately mine smashed... I'm really looking forward to using these shades!

That's it for my little post-Christmas haul.  Let me know what you got in the sales in the comments!

xoxo
Laura

1 comment: