Friday, 30 January 2015

Makeup Collection Part 5: Eyeshadows

Hello, hello!

It's time for part 5 of my makeup collection!  Today's post is all about my eyeshadows that are not in palettes.  Some are in quads/trios and some are singles.

Let's hop right in!

Quads/Trios

I actually have quite a few little quads and trios.


First up, I'll talk about my only trio in this post.  This is the Covergirl 110 Shimmering Sands trio.  I love this for very neutral makeup looks, and it's great because I don't need any other shades.  This is something I would definitely recommend to someone young who is just starting to wear makeup, it's not too much and it's of decent quality, especially since it's only $7 or so!


I also have a Covergirl quad, the name has come off but I believe it's called Drama Eyes.  The quality of these is okay, they aren't super pigmented and they're a little bit chalky.  I really like the burgundy shade on a damp brush all over the lid with a little black blended into the corner and crease.  I find that even though the quality isn't great, a little water or Fix+ goes a long way to make it better.


Another cheap quad I have is the Joe Fresh Modern Smokey Eye quad.  This is terrible, it's not pigmented at all, and very chalky.  Definitely take a pass on this.

Now I have a few better quality quads.


This is the GOSH quad in Rain Forest.  This was given to me by my roommate, so I'm not sure if they still sell it or not.  I haven't played with it enough to give a good review, but I think this will be going in a Bought It, Forgot It at some point, so I'll let you know there!

Then I have two high-end quads (although technically one has 5... whatever).  Both are from Lancome.


The first one is the sample size of the Ombre Mono Effect Sensationnels.  I find these shades super pretty, even if I don't use them much.  My aunt gets these as "free gifts with purchase" and sends them to me to try out, so I've gotten quite a few over the years!  This quad has my favourite eyeshadow ever, Kitten Heel (top left).


The second mini is the Eye-Brightening All-In-One 5 Shadow and Liner palette sample size in 207 Petal Pusher.  I can't even tell you how amazing the two large glitter shades are.  So pigmented!  The teeny gold is also amazing, but there isn't very much of it (can I buy it individually?!)  Then there is a matte taupe shade, which I have used for brows and as a transition shade, and Kitten Heel is in here again as well.  I've used this quite a bit, I really like it!  I may even purchase the full size...

Singles

Now on to my single eyeshadows...

I'm going to put my Maybelline Colour Tattoos into one category.  All 8 of them.  Clearly I really like them.  They have great staying power, are really pigmented, and blend really well onto the lid and with other shadows.  I use these both on their own and as bases.  A+ to Maybelline for these!

(If you want to know what shades I have, I'll be letting you know and doing swatches in a separate post in a few weeks.)


Then I have two Revlon Shadow Links.  I found these powdery and unpigmented.  I don't think I'd recommend these, they are cheap and it shows in the quality.


Finally, I have two MAC eyeshadow singles (which I really need to de-pot and put in my palette).  I have All That Glitters and Sumptuous Olive, both great shades.  I can't say enough good things about MAC eyeshadows, which is probably why I have a full palette of them!

So that's it for this post, Part 6 will be coming your way in a few days!

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment