Thursday, 15 January 2015

Makeup Collection Part 3: Blushes and Highlighters

Welcome back!

I think you know the drill by now, but this is Part 3 of my makeup collection.  I have a lot of blushes but only a few highlighters.  I don't like looking sparkly or too glowy, just nice and flushed.  Let's just jump right in!

Blush


I'm going to include this blush, but I'm not 100% sure if they still make it.  This is the Covergirl Continuous Colour Moisture Enriched blush in Plumberry.  I love this blush, it's the perfect dark-toned berry shade.  I really hope they still make it, I would highly recommend it if they do.


Then I have the Maybelline Fit Me blush in Deep Rose, which is similar to Plumberry but not as shimmery.  It's almost completely matte.  I'm not the biggest fan of this, I find it to have really weak pigmentation, and it doesn't blend very well.  It's also very chalky.  This is one of the only Maybelline products I have had anything bad to say about.

I tend to stick to blushes I know I like, so the rest I'm going to show you in sets to save space and keep you interested!.

Left: Warm   Right: Pink
These two from Physician's Formula are really nice.  They are super shimmery and pigmented, and brighten up the skin really nicely.  They don't just give you a flush, they give a highlighted effect too.  These are definitely on the pricier side, but still from the drugstore.

Left: Autumn Peach   Center: Adorable   Right: Life's A Cherry
Here are my absolute favourite blushes ever, the Essence Cosmetic's blushes.  These are so cheap but SO good.  They have amazing pigmentation, blend like a dream, and are super soft and creamy, especially for a powder.  These blushes I would recommend over all else.  The only downside is they don't have very many colours.

Highlighter
You probably know this by now, but I am not a big fan of highlighting.  I definitely prefer a matte finish.  As such, I only have two highlighters.


The first is my Essence Cosmetics, and it is a definite miss.  I find it really hard to work with, and don't like the effect on my skin.  I find it really difficult to get the product from the pan to my brush/finger and then to my face.  It's just not very good.


I also use a Hard Candy Baked Blush in the shade 127 Honeymoon as a highlighter, simply because it is so pale.  It gives a really nice glow without giving much colour.  This one I really like.  It isn't as pink and it showed up on camera either.

So that's all for Part 3!  Part 4 will be coming up soon, so look out for that!

xoxo
Laura

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I've nominated you for The Liebster Award as think your blog really deserves it :) This is a great way to discover smaller blogs! More info on what to do in my post here.. http://casualbookreview.blogspot.ca/

    Love you girlie!
    - Kelly
    (Casual Book Reviews)

    ReplyDelete