Thursday, 8 January 2015

Makeup Collection Part 2: Powders and Bronzers

Welcome back!


It's time for Part 2 of my Makeup Collection posts.  This week we'll be talking about powders and bronzers.  Let's hop right in!

For powders, I really do prefer pressed to loose.  I just find it to be way less messy and much easier.  I'm all about ease.


My favourite powder ever would have to be the Physician's Formula Nude Wear powder.  This is great for setting makeup and mattifying.  I also find the little bit of coverage it has great for no makeup days where I just want a little bit of shine- or redness-control.  This is expensive, I believe it's $20, but I do think it's worth it.  Only thing I don't like is that the quads don't wear down at the same time...


Next up is the Rimmel Stay Matte powder.  This is really nice for setting makeup.  I'm not sure how great it is for keeping my skin matte, honestly.  I find I get oily relatively quickly within a few hours, but it's nothing impossible to deal with. This is also small enough to carry around for touch-ups, and for under $10 I think it's worth the money.


This is my The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals loose powder.  I like this, I don't think it's fabulous, but it does as good of a job setting makeup as the Stay Matte powder.  The only shortcoming of this is it's very messy (as are most loose powders).  However, it has a little bit of coverage to it, and is great for no-makeup days.


This is the Covergirl Professional loose powder.  Same idea as the one from The Body Shop in terms of how I use it and what it does.  The major difference between the two is the amount you get and the scent.  The Extra Virgin Minerals are completely unscented.  This smells weird, kind of like the Covergirl Clean foundation.  I can smell my face all day and am completely paranoid other people can too.  I wouldn't give this a buy honestly.

On to bronzers!  I don't really use bronzers much, usually only for a light contour, but the ones I have I really do like.


This is the only bronzer I use to give colour to my entire face, the Marcell Big Bronzer.  It's very shimmery, but the formula is incredibly creamy.  I really like that I can use it year round too, I just target which strips I want to use and go to town!


This was the first bronzer I ever bought, the Revlon Natural Bronze bronzer.  You can't really tell in this photo, but I've actually smashed this (oops).  I think for the money, this is great.  It has a good amount of shimmer to it, but I do use it for contouring as well.  Because this is so light, it also matches my fair skin.


My final bronzer is definitely my favourite.  The Rimmel Natural Bronzer really is a natural-looking bronzer.  There is no shimmer in this, so it's perfect for contouring, and the colour is great on fair skin.  Again, very inexpensive.  This is perfect for anyone just getting into bronzing and/or makeup.

That's it for this post, next up is blushers and highlighters so stay tuned!

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment