Sunday, 4 January 2015

Makeup Collection Part 1: Foundations and BB Creams

Hey everyone!

Over the next 2 months or so, I'm going to be doing posts on my makeup collection, and going through the different items.  I'll admit, in some areas I really do have a problem (cough lip products cough).  Otherwise, I think my collection is about the size I want it to be.


Today I'm going to start with my foundations.  Some of these are winter shades and some are summer, so not all of them get use right now, but I'll give a little description and mini review for you for each one.

Enjoy!


So I'll start off with my current favourite, which is the L'Oreal True Match foundation.  This matches me perfectly right now.  I find this to be super buildable and blandable, and it has great lasting power.   It has a light to medium coverage in my opinion, but as I said it is buildable. For a drugstore foundation, I think this is great, and as a University student I can't afford to shell out tons of money on foundation!


Next up is an oldie but a goodie, the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation.  This makes my skin look so much brighter and fresher than any other foundation.  My only problem is that the shades don't match me during winter.  This has a medium coverage, and is under $10 so super affordable.


Then I've got the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation.  This is a terrible match for my skin tone right now, and is sometimes a little tricky to make work even in the summer when I'm tanned.  That being said, it has great lasting power and is, again, super affordable.  It has a light to medium buildable coverage, and I really do think this makes you look flawless without looking like you're wearing a ton of makeup.


My final foundation is the Covergirl Clean foundation for normal skin.  This is nice, and it comes in a wide variety of shades.  It has a light coverage that is somewhat buildable, and looks really nice on the skin.  My only problem with it is that it has a really weird smell.

Now, on to BB creams.  I own 2, neither of which I am a huge fan of if I'm being honest.


The Andalou Naturals All-In-One Beauty Balm is terrible.  It smells like oranges, which is it's only redeeming factor.  Otherwise, it is sticky, sits on top of your skin, and is very orange-toned.  I did a review of this awhile back, so go check that out HERE if you want a full post on why this is terrible.  Otherwise, just take my word for it and don't buy it.


My other BB cream is The Body Shop's Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream. This is okay, but I find it sits on top of my skin and makes me look cakey.  The lasting power isn't great either, so I get both cakey AND I get bare spots.  Not my favourite.


My final product that I'll throw in is the Hard Candy primer.  I really like this.  I do find (with all primers I've used) that I get oilier faster, but that's nothing a little powder can't fix.  This does a nice job of making my makeup last longer, so it's a winner in my books!

That's all for my foundations and BB creams, come back next week for Powders and Bronzers!

xoxo Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment