Monday, 19 January 2015

Leibster Award

Hey everyone!

Kelly, my best friend in real life from Casual Book Reviews nominated me for a Leibster award! So big thanks to Kelly <3


The rules are simple:
1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. Answer the questions given by the nominator
3. Nominate bloggers with 200 or less followers and link them
4. Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer
5. Notify all nominees by social media/blogs

So here we go!

1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I am an avid youtube-watcher, I'll admit it.  I was definitely inspired by beauty gurus to explore my own relationship with the fashion and beauty world and express myself in those same ways.

2. Indoors or outdoors?
I tend to prefer indoors, but nothing can compare to the crisp air of an autumn day or the sparkling snow on a barely-below winter day.

3. The last song you listened to?
I Miss You- Blink 182 (it came on shuffle while I was typing)

4. A place you like to go to think?
Anyone who lives in Waterloo probably knows Waterloo Park.  I love going there to think, it's really quiet and peaceful, a haven of happiness in the insanity of school and city.  It's my favourite place.

Another place I love to go to be alone is the laundry room.  It's warm and smells good and the white noise of the dryers is really soothing for frazzled nerves.  I know that's a little weird, but I love it.

5. Favourite thing to bake/cook?
Banana bread!!!  I also really like making soups and stews because they're so easy and tasty.

6. Favourite day of the week?
Sunday.  I like that I never have anything to do and can just have a calm, chill day.

7. A story that always makes you smile when looking back on it?
I have some really good memories from high school with Emma and Kelly that I look back on as the bright spots of a dark time in my life.  There are also some fabulous times last year with my best friends, like reading week in Ottawa. :)

8. Chocolate or vanilla?
BOTH! Please don't make me choose.

9. A book you never finished and why?
I have never not finished a book.  It doesn't matter how bad it is, my OCD will not let me leave a book unfinished.

10. A book you will love forever?
Harry Potter, obviously.  Also all of the Little House On The Prairie books, and Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult.  I could go on about my favourite books all day...

11. Something people may not know about you? 
I very much enjoy solitude.  I love to be alone, and my favourite place is my room, by myself, with the only noise being a little bit of music or whatever drifts in through an open window.  Solitude is my favourite.

And now for my questions:
1) What makeup product could you not live without?
2) What is your dream job?
3) Cake or pie?
4) What experience positively impacted your life in 2014?
5) What is your Starbucks order?
6) Craziest thing you've ever done?
7) What do you find the most challenging about blogging?
8) If it was your last meal, what would you eat?
9) How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
10) What is your idea of a 'perfect' date?
11) If you could do one thing, what would it be?

Since I've done this before, I'm going to nominate 2 blogs who I've started reading since then instead of 11.

So, I nominate:
Sarah: https://comediesofagirl.wordpress.com
TeenWorkaholic: http://teenworkaholic.blogspot.co.uk/

Alright, good luck ladies!

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment