Friday, 2 January 2015

December B.I.F.I. and New Products for January

Hello everyone!

I have to admit, I was a bit of a fail last month at this.  I picked out my products and then... didn't use then much. Part of that was because I didn't wear a lot of makeup throughout December.  I was in exams mode, which means greasy face and sweatpants.

That image aside, I can still give a mini review.


1) Essence Cosmetics Gel Eyeliner
Alright, so this had seriously dried out.  I got a couple of uses out of it, and then got frustrated with trying to use a semi-dried product.  When this is fresh, it's great.  I will be repurchasing 100% just based on how much I loved it when I first bought it (and it's super cheap anyways).

2) Covergirl Quad Palette in Drama Eyes
This was a meh product.  I find the shadows to have terrible pigmentation, and aren't easy to blend.  That being said, the black was good for a subtle darkening of the crease and the white is nice on the inner corners of the eyes. The burgundy is next to useless though, there is almost no colour payoff.

3) Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 05 Too Cool
Okay, I have a love/hate with this.  I love that it is incredibly pigmented and stays put incredibly well, but what was I thinking on the colour?!? It does make a decent base for shadows though, which is most likely how I will use it.  It's just not a colour I personally would wear on its own.

4) Maybelline Lipstick in 640 Ruby Star
This was the biggest winner of B.I.F.I. this month.  The pigmentation is great, and I love this line of lipsticks in general.  I do find this one to be slightly drying, but I find all lipsticks with glitter in them to be that way.  A+ to this lipstick!

5) Essence Cream Highlighter
Why.  I discovered this month that this is not the highlighter for me.  It is way too pink-toned and almost impossible to apply and blend in.  I might play around and try highlighting with this under a light-coverage foundation, but as of this month I am not impressed with this.

Alright, after that slightly disappointing review, let's move on to the new products for January.  I'm only doing 4 products this month, but 4 is going to be plenty!


I'm going to start with a primer.  This is the Hard Candy primer, and I admit I am completely guilty of forgetting this exists.  I'm going to try to use it more consistently this month and see if it makes a different to the lasting power of my foundation.


Speaking of foundation... I really want to get back into using the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation this month.  I loved this when I first started blogging, and then other products came to replace it.  This bottle is 2/3 empty, I want to try to use it up!


My third product is yet another face product (I tend to neglect these the most).  This is the Physician's Formula Happy Booster blush in Pink.  I have two of these and I remember buying them and liking them, but shortly after I discovered the essence blushes and haven't touched anything else since.  Let's shake things up and use this one more, shall we?  This is very creamy, very pigmented and sparkly, and very PINK!  Let's see how it does!


My final product is also another Maybelline Colour Tattoo this month... This one is in Bad to the Bronze.  I wear these shades constantly, but getting the colour built up is sometimes a pain.  This is so pigmented, hopefully it will save me the effort.

Woo hoo!  Let's get into January and shake up the makeup scene.  I've gotten into a rut, I really want to try new things and products!

I'll see you in a few days with another post!

xoxo
Laura

2 comments:

  1. That blusher is so pretty! I'm a huge fan of the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad To The Bronze, it's great for when speedy makeup application is required.
    Http://www.tamlovestea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend the blush if you're interested, I'm already loving it! And the Colour Tattoos are amazing, probably my favourite eye shadows!

      Delete