Tuesday, 16 December 2014

Christmas Gift Guide for University Students

It is time for Part 3 of my Christmas Gift Guide!

This one is all gifts for College/University students.  Since I am one, I think this is a valuable guide.  There are things we as students need that, while not necessarily overly exciting, are fun (and practical!)

Available at Staples Business Depot
First up on the list are these removable wall decals.  These are basically giant, peel-able, removable white boards.  There is nothing better for planning out papers and assignments and budgeting time than a giant whiteboard, and in rentals you often can't drill holes in the walls.  This is the best of both worlds.  While you're at it, buy some fun dry erase markers to go with it!


In the realm of school supplies, why not get some fun notebooks while you're at it?  I have a different notebook for each subject, and usually one for lecture material and another for textbook reading notes.  Buy some 300-page, patterned notebooks, your gift-receiving student will love it.


Here's a boring one, but something students will appreciate.  Textbooks.  These are the evil of the post-secondary education.  These things suck hundreds of dollars that should be spent on groceries that grew on a vine, and not Ramen noodles. Textbooks are why students live off of Kraft Dinner!  Even buying one of two can make a huge difference, your student will appreciate it, I promise.

Okay, let's move away from school supplies, shall we?


For clothes, why not buy your student some school swag?  An alumni sweater is never a bad idea, but for the student who already has six (me) try something different.  Hats, scarves... onesies.  I would recommend the onesie personally! (This may be me and my boyfriend...)


If you want to give a gift set, why not create your own with tea, a mug, and some cookies?  'Tis the season for hot drinks and students suck up tea and coffee like it's water!  If I wear to create one of these for a friend, I'd put in a nice mug, a few kinds of tea and coffee (variety packs are great!) and maybe some hot chocolate.  And, of course, some tea biscuits!  If you don't want to make your own, you can find these type of gift sets all over the place (Starbucks, David's Tea...)


Another great present for students are nice headphones, especially for those who live in residence or have roommates.  University is noisy, and sometimes you just want to hear your music, not the party next door (or worse...)  Beats do great headphones, and even though they're expensive, they're worth the money.

That's all from me for today, and that's the end of my 3 part gift guide!  If you missed Part 1 or Part 2 just click the embedded links to go see those.  Otherwise, I hope you have a great day and I'll see you soon!

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment