Friday, 28 November 2014

November B.I.F.I. Reviews and New Products for December!

It's the end of another month!

As you know, I re-started my Bought It, Forgot It series this month, and have really enjoyed using products I already own and falling back in love with them.

This month, I had 5 products.


1) LUSH Dream Cream
I loved using this throughout November.  It leaves a really nice scent that lingers for a decent amount of time, sinks in beautifully, and makes my skin SO soft.  I'll be buying this again for sure.

2) Maybelline Fit Me Blush in Deep Rose
This was an okay product for me.  I don't find it to be super pigmented, although it is easily built up.  I do really like the shade, especially with pale, flawless skin and a black winged liner.  However, I do have nicer blushes that cost less or the same, so I wouldn't highly recommend this.

3) MAC Eyeshadow in Sumptuous Olive
Oh my goodness I've fallen in love!  This is a fabulous eyeshadow, very creamy and pigmented, and looks great with my eye colour.  I need to use this more often after November has ended!

4) The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Loose Powder
This is a nice powder, but it's not great.  I don't find it has great coverage, and doesn't have any lasting shine control, although it was nice for setting my makeup without looking too cakey.  Thankfully I didn't pay much for it.  I'm just not really a huge fan of loose powders, and this one and I have a serious love/hate relationship.

5) e.l.f. Eyelid Primer
I actually used this up!  e.l.f. have the best eyelid primers if you're on a budget, comparable to the Urban Decay ones.  My shadows never move.  I have bought another one of these because I like it so much!

New Products for December
I'm pulling out 5 more products this month, and I am really excited to use them!

There is a bit of a theme.  This is all makeup I would use for a holiday look.  'Tis the season, right?


First up is the essence Dark Romance Cream Highlighter.  This came out in October, I'm not sure if it was limited edition or not.  Regardless, I don't think I've done more than swatch this.  Time to put it to use!


I also want to use this lipstick from Maybelline in 640 Ruby Star.  It's a nice red with slightly berry tones to it, and it's super pretty.  I've had this for awhile but haven't touched it.  It used to be my everyday go-to.


The last three products are all for the eyes.  First up is the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 05 Too Cool.  This is a really icy, shimmery white.  It will make a great base for shadows.


Then I have the Covergirl eyeshadow quad in 222 Drama Eyes.  This will be great for sultry, smokey, sexy eye looks.


My final product is the essence Gel Eyeliner.  I was obsessed with this, and I don`t know why it fell to the back of my collection.  Hopefully it hasn't dried up and I can get some good use out of it.

That's all from me!  I'll see you soon!

xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment