Sunday, 9 November 2014

Bought It, Forgot It (November 2014)

Hello everybody!

A long time ago, I used to do a series of posts called "Bought It, Forgot It" where I combed through my makeup collection, picked out items I had neglected, and tried to use them more throughout the month.  I've decided to bring this back in the interest of using up products and breaking out of the 'rut' my makeup routine is currently in.

This month I have 5 products for you.  I'm going to try to do 4 to 6 products per month.


First up is this e.l.f. eyelid primer.  I've had this for ages, and used to rave about it but somehow it ended up getting neglected and consequently pushed to the back of my makeup drawer.  This month, I want to use it up!  It's just a matter of remembering to prime my eyelids...


I also want to use this MAC eyeshadow in Sumptuous Olive more this month.  I was obsessed when I bought it, but recently the only love it's been getting is when I do my friend's makeup.  The colour is great, and really compliments my eye colour, so this needs to get used more (especially since MAC eyeshadows aren't cheap!) In the photo it comes off more gold than it actually is, but this is definitely a slightly golden-toned olive green.


For my face, I want to use The Body Shop's Extra Virgin Minerals loose powder.  I bought this in the summer when I was having some serious skin issues, and never really got the hang of it.  I find loose powders to be incredibly messy, and they're too much faffing around for me.  This has a pretty good coverage for a powder though, and I want to try using it on it's own, without foundation.


Also for my face, I want to use the Maybelline Fit Me blush in Deep Rose more in November.  I LOVE the deep colour of this blush, especially for winter (which explains why it got neglected so much in the last little while).


My final product isn't a makeup product, but I want to put a hair or body product in each of these too.  This is the LUSH Dream Cream body lotion.  I love this, but I never use it!  This month will be good not only for using this up but for making me moisturize (my legs are so dry!)

I'll be doing a little follow up at the end of the month, so stay tuned for that!  I hope you're as excited about this series coming back as I am :)

xoxo
Laura

(P.S. I tried something different with my photos, tell me what you think!)

2 comments:

  1. I love these types of posts I forget to use loads of my makeup too !!! :p

    Serene xoxo
    www.imserenel.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get stuck into ruts and forget I've got more than one type of eyeshadow! I try to put out a few products on my makeup table so that in theory I use them, because otherwise it's such a waste! Thanks for reading and commenting :)

      Delete