Saturday, 9 August 2014

B.E.D.A. Day 9: Marcelle Big Bronzer (Sun Wave Bronzing Pressed Powder)

Time to review!

I bought the Marcelle "Big Bronzer" the other day at Rexall, and let me tell you I got a great deal.  I got it for $9.46, half price, because it was reduced to clear!  The colour I bought is Heat Wave, a beautiful shimmery bronzer that isn't too orange and light enough to be perfect for paler skin tones.


First of all, this bronzer is HUGE. The compact is the size of my hand.  However, looks can be deceiving because there is 16.8 grams of product in this.  To compare, there are 14 grams of product in a Rimmel Stay Matte powder or Sun Natural bronzer.  This also comes with a gigantic mirror in the lid, which is great for makeup on the go.

Very true to colour.
This has six bands of varying colours, getting darker from the bottom to the top.  What this reminds me of in so many ways is a Bobby Brown shimmer brick, and honestly I think it could be used in a similar way.  I plan on using all of the colours combined to bronze the face, the lighter shades to highlight, and all of the colours as neutral eye shadows.

All of the colours are very shimmery, so this is great for bringing a sun-kissed glow to the face.  In addition, none of the shades are 'too' anything.  They aren't too orange, or too red, or too yellow, and blending them all together especially helps to avoid that.  This is a great colour for every skin tone.


The powder itself is super soft and creamy, pigmented, and not gritty like some shimmery powders.  It almost feels creamy to the touch.  You can tell this is good quality.  However, it is a bit of a pain to blend, so definitely use a fluffy brush, don't overload it with product, and use a light hand.

Overall, I am truly impressed with this product, especially for the price.  The packaging is sturdy and aesthetically pleasing, the product is excellent, and overall I am super impressed.  Go snap this up while you still can!

xoxo Laura

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog. Keep it up.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Blog. I also recently purchased this product on sale at a cosmetic tent sale. I paid $5. I felt it such a great deal that I purchase 2, and I'm glad I did. I love this product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


    edupdf.org

    ReplyDelete