Tuesday, 5 August 2014

B.E.D.A. Day 4: Babbling Book Reviews: Fangirl

Hello and welcome to another book review!

When I saw this on the shelves at Chapters, I new I had to read it.  Upon finishing it, I have a few thoughts I'd like to share with you!


Fangirl- Rainbow Rowell

I love the cover of this book, along with the title this is what originally drew me in.  The colour is gorgeous, the little cartoon is cute, and it makes for a very enticing novel.  The cover really reflects what is inside, which is a fun, quirky story.

Some background information will help you understand why I loved this so much.  It's about a girl names Cather who is a, you guessed it, fangirl.  She has the posters, the t-shirts, and most importantly, writes the fanfiction.  She is obsessed, and reminds me a lot of myself.  I wrote fanfiction back in the day, don't judge me!

Anyway, the story unravels as Cath goes to college, meets new people, and has new experiences.  The struggle between trying new things and staying in her comfort zone is something many people can attest to.  I myself had the same struggles when I went to school, although I wasn't writing a 2-year fanfiction with 35'000 hits at the same time!

This story is purely fun.  If it was a fanfiction, it would be under the categories of fluff and angst, but it rings true.  I recommend this for all of those fangirls out there, all of those introverts heading off to school, and every single person who has ever wanted to escape their world and live in one of fictional characters.

Leave a comment if you have read this and tell me your thoughts!

Until next time,
xoxo Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment