Sunday, 24 August 2014

B.E.D.A. Day 24: Dual Review Essence Gel Liner and R.T. Silicone Liner Brush

Another review!  I've been on a roll with these this month.

Today I bought the Essence Gel liner and the Real Techniques Silicone Liner brush.  Since the two will be going together, I thought I could give you a two-for-one and review both at the same time.

Silicone Liner Brush


This brush is the perfect size for doing eyeliner, that was the first thing I noticed.  It picks up product really well, but because it doesn't have bristles the product doesn't get stuck in it and ends up on the eye.  Thus, less product wasted!  Always a bonus for my cheap, university-student self.

This washed up super easily as well.  I don't think it will stain, and a little warm water is all it took to cleanse it.  This is a huge bonus for me, since I know I should wash my liner brush every time I use it but it can be a rigorous, time-consuming process.

Essence Gel Liner


This liner is super creamy, I was very surprised.  It's a deep, dark black, very pigmented and smooth.  I did notice that it doesn't budge when you put it on, although trying to apply more on top if you get a thin layer can rub it off entirely, so watch out for that.  This only cost $4 and its better than any gel, cream, or liquid liner I have ever used!  It also dries matte, which I personally love.

But Together...?

Pardon my face.
Using the Silicone Liner brush to apply this was so incredibly easy.  The brush is great for getting precise liner, even if you aren't as good with creating liner this way (like me!)  The only thing that I have by way of criticism is that the brush did tend to remove product if you go in for a second coat, but that is easily remedied with a light hand.

Again, pardon my face (ugh skin stop being annoying).
Overall, I am highly impressed with both of these products, both on their own and used together.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's post, it's one I am so proud and excited of!
xoxo Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment