Monday, 18 August 2014

B.E.D.A. Day 18: L'Oreal Casting Sunkissed Lightening Jelly Review

Before and After!
Anyone who knows me will be aware that I do not dye my hair.  I had a couple disastrous attempts very early on in high school, and then had some very nice high-lights and low-lights put in during my last year which I never bothered repeating.  Recently, I have been looking to lighten up my hair, or to ombre it.  However, I can't afford to do it at a salon, and I am terrified of boxed dyes and do-it-yourself kits.


That's why I turned to this product from L'Oreal.  It promises a sun-kissed lightening effect without damage.  It is permanent, but it is also gradual so it's easier to control the effect.

When you buy this, it comes with a little guide on the box as to which one you should buy.  For me, I bought the light brown to dark blonde which was a gamble.  This isn't supposed to be for dark brown hair, and mine is definitely closer to dark tones than light.

When I got it, I decided to go for ombre rather than all-over lightening or high-lights.  To do this, I applied the product to the ends of damp hair, combed it through slightly to make it more seamless, and then used a hair dryer to dry my hair.  The heat helps to bleach to develop better and gives you quicker results.  The same thing can be done by sitting in the sun (which I have done, and actually works better then heat).

Ends compared to roots: Ombre effect
For my hair, because it is darker than what is recommended, I didn't expect great results.  I was shocked to see that after 3 applications I was seeing a considerable difference in my hair.  It took nearly a whole bottle to achieve the results, but I am thoroughly pleased with the end effect!

If you are looking to lighten up your hair, I definitely recommend this.
xoxo Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment