Tuesday, 8 July 2014

Tutorial Tuesday: Tanned Skin and Orange Lip

Hello, hello!

This week's tutorial is a really nice one for these summer months.

I know orange lips were very in last summer, so I'm a little bit behind, but recently I have been loving nothing more.  The right shade can look so flattering, especially with a tan.

*I apologize for the lighting, it washes me out slightly.  I promise the skin IS tanned in this look!*

This look is a simple, easy way to rock an orange lip and beautifully tanned summer skin without even having to try.  I hope you enjoy!

Naked face!
So to start I have moisturized my skin, but also primed with Benefit The Porefessional and the e.l.f. eyelid primer.  I put The Porefessional on my nose, cheeks, chin, and forehead and the e.l.f. primer on my lids and under my eyes.  This way my concealer stays in place better.

The reason I have primed is because a) makeup really slides around in summer, and this will help it stay put and b) I wear SPF so my face doesn't tan, and I will be using a darker foundation.  Primer will help it from getting patchy and looking fake.


Straight on with base now.  I have the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation in 200 Soft Beige, which you will all know I was obsessed with last summer.  I am buffing this into the skin using a Spa Resource Multi-Use brush, which I am actually quite liking.  As mentioned, this is darker than my skin-tone which will add to the tanned effect but without looking too orange.  To combat the possibility of being orange, I'm only using a little bit and buffing it in really well.


For concealer, I am using the Rimmel Match Perfection concealer in 040 Soft Beige under my eyes, around my nose, and on blemishes.  I've also put some on my forehead where I find my foundation tends to disappear to prolong the coverage.  This I blended in using the same brush as before, but also the flat end of the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge.


I'm then going to highlight with the Maybelline LumiTouch concealer in Ivory in all the usual places, again using the Multi-Use brush and Real Techniques sponge.




Moving onto the eyes, I'm lining them with a black kohl liner, whichever one you prefer is fine (I recommend the Annabelle Smoothliner).  The one I actually used I would not recommend, and I wish I had used a different one (this one was too messy!).  I've thickened the line slightly in the middle to make my eyes look rounder, an effect I really like.  On the bottom lash line I've used the Rimmel Kohl Kajal in Nude to wake up the eye area even more.

To keep this minimal, I've used a matte taupe eyeshadow to even out my lid area, but not give any colour to it.  This is personal preference, you don't have to!

My lighting sucks but you can kind of see the effect!
Back to the skin now.  For powder, I'm using a little bit of the Revlon Nearly Naked pressed power in 020 Light just on my t-zone (forehead, nose, chin).

Then I'm going to bronze the skin and contour with the Rimmel   using a Real Techniques Blush brush.  This really softly contours the cheeks, and places just the right amount of product around the edges of the face.  I'm sorry for the picture, it just wouldn't show up well for me!

Finally I'm adding the Hard Candy Baked Blush in the colour Honeymoon on my cheeks with the Real Techniques Retractable Kabuki.


I forgot to put on my mascara earlier, so I'm doing that now!  I used Maybelline The Falsies, it lengthens and thickens and looks amazing!

The final look!
And for the final step I'm using the L'Oreal Colour Riche lipstick in the shade Volcanic!

I really hope you enjoyed this!  Let me know your thoughts in the comments!
xoxo Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment