Saturday, 5 July 2014

Summer Album: Lights Out

Hey everyone!

The best album of 2014!
If any of you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, you will know by now that I am OBSESSED with Ingrid Michaelson, specifically the song Girls Chase Boys.

Recently, I went to HMV and treated myself to her album, Lights Out.  It was $12.99 for one disc, and came in the paper case, not the plastic one.  There are 14 songs on the album, and 6 of them are collaborations.  Track 13, Over You, features A Great Big World.

I cannot compliment this album enough!  Usually on any album, there are 1 or 2 songs that I skip past without listening to them, just because I don't particularly like them.  There are no such tracks on this album.  It is flawless!  There is so much variety in the songs, none are similar and there are different genres and types of sound in there, although the album is labeled as Indie Pop.

My favourite tracks are:

1) Home
2) Girls Chase Boys
5) Warpath
7) Time Machine
8) One Night Town

But again, I love every single song and wouldn't skip past any of them!

This is definitely going to become my summer album.  Last year it was Save Rock and Roll, this year it will be Lights Out.  I love blasting this on my way home after work, the sun setting and the crickets chirping and just me, the rolled down windows, and the music.

Download this from iTunes HERE!

xoxo Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment