Saturday, 19 July 2014

Review: LUSH D'Fluff Strawberry Shaving Soap

Recently my mom treated me to a little jar of the new LUSH shaving soap and I thought I'd share my thoughts on it with all of you!


This product promises to leave your skin silky smooth after shaving and lightly perfumed with the scent of strawberries.

Price
This costs $9.95 CAD for a 70g tub, which is on the cheaper side for most LUSH products.  Considering what I normally pay for shaving foams/creams/etc. I think this is a more than fair price, especially as it is made with organic ingredients, not chemicals.

Packaging
LUSH packaging is so clean and simple, and I LOVE it.  The matte black, screw-top tub is so functional but also looks nice in the shower, and doesn't get grubby.  The labels don't get gross either, which is a rarity in itself!


Performance
Usually when I shave, I exfoliate my legs first to get them smoother.  For the purposes of this review, I skipped that step to see if this left my skin feeling as smooth and soft.

I scooped a small amount of this out of the jar and rubbed it onto damp skin, just as I would any other shaving product.  This product has a whipped texture, very light and airy, which I really like.  It washed off really nicely as well, sometimes shaving products cling to your body which annoys me.

After showering and drying off, I noticed just how effective this was.  My legs are so smooth, I cannot stop feeling my skin.  And I didn't exfoliate OR moisturize.  It's all the shaving soap.  HUGE thumbs up from me, this completely lived up to its promises!


Final Verdict
I am in love with this product.  I really hope LUSH makes it permanent, or at least brings it back every summer, because I have never found a shaving product as nice as this one.  I love that it is made with fresh, organic, natural ingredients, and still lives up to what it promises to do.

The best part of this is that it doesn't leave my skin irritated in any way.  Shaving makes my legs dry and itchy, and my underarms are so sensitive that they actually get chapped.  This soothes all of that and leaves the sensitive skin soft and calm, something I have never found a product to do before.

The only thing I'm not sold on here is the scent.  To me it smells more like rose/baby powder (honestly, I would say either granny or baby) rather than strawberry, but it only lingers slightly on the skin, nothing overwhelming, so I can definitely deal with that!

I give this a definite buy and highly recommend you go get it before LUSH stops selling it!
xoxo Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment