Tuesday, 24 June 2014

Tutorial Tuesday: Icy Eyes and Dramatic Liner

Hey there!

For those of you who follow my Facebook posts, you will have seen that tonight I said I wasn't going to post until tomorrow.  Well, I lied!  I was messing around and this look happened and it was too special to not share!  It's also incredibly easy, so enjoy!



For this look, I took the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 05 Too Cool, which is a super shimmery silver colour, and took this all over the lid, blending it out into the crease and slightly beyond the socket.  For this, I used a Real Techniques base shadow brush. I used the same brush to take the colour along my lower lashes and into the tear-duct area as well.


I then used the L'Oreal Lineur Intense in carbon black to create the liner.  I love this because it gives you a lot of control to make your liner neat and perfect.  All I did was take a thin line from the very inner corner to the outer 3/4 of my eye, where I took the brush away from the lash line slightly, flicking it outward.  This took a little fiddling around to get right, so I encourage you to experiment with it!

On the lower lashes, I used the same liner from the inner 2/3 of the eye, taking it almost to the outer corner and then creating a downward wing.  Again, practice makes perfect!


Then taking a black eye liner pencil I lined the upper and lower waterlines, and popped on a ton of black mascara.


The last thing I did was use this silver liner on the inner corners of my eyes, just to help them pop, and on the gap between my upper and lower liner to give more separation and definition.  This is slightly more grey than the eye shadow, but it all blends together nicely!


There you have it, easy peasy in writing but a little harder in practice.  I encourage you to try this before you want to wear it somewhere.  I will probably be wearing this to the Fall Out Boy/Paramore concert tomorrow (!!!)

Hope you all had lovely days!
xoxo Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment