Sunday, 1 June 2014

May Favourites

Hello everyone, welcome to another monthly favourites.  I've gotten a lot better about actually doing these, let me know if you enjoy them!

I've got a bunch of new favourites this month, so let's get cracking.  It was really difficult to narrow things down to keep this post from being too long!

Food

My only food favourite this month is the Central Roast Anitoxidant Mix.  I buy this from Zehrs, and it is the most amazing thing I have ever eaten.  There are no weird ingredients in it, nothing you can't pronounce, and it's full of dried fruit (cranberries, raisins, blueberries, and cherries), buts (almonds, cashews, and peanuts) and little dark chocolate pieces.  It's not cheap, it's $7.99 for a small bag, but it's so incredibly worth it.  It's the perfect mix, and isn't too salty.  I highly recommend this if you can get your hands on it!

Face and Body

I checked back to last month's favourites, thinking I had already talked about this but I hadn't!  I am in love with Batiste dry shampoo at the moment, and have been for a couple of months.  I have used dry shampoo in the past and not got on with it in the slightest.  After hearing so many people talk about Batiste, I decided to give it a go.

I am so glad I did.  This is amazing, it rejuvenates your hair in seconds.  My only issue with it is that I have dark brown hair, so it does leave a white residue.  HOWEVER they do make a formula specifically for dark hair that is tinted, so I bought some of that and eliminated my only issue with this product!  There are tons of different Batiste formulas out there, so play around and find which one works for you!


Also for my hair, I've been using the Rusk Clarify shampoo.  This smells like Rosemary and Quillaja, and it detoxifies your hair, cleansing out any products build-up that you might have.  I love this, because I use mousse in my hair almost every time I wash it and I was finding that my hair wouldn't stay clean.  In using this, not only is my hair healthier looking, it also stays cleaner longer AND it cleared up a patch of eczema on my scalp that I had been suffering from.   I bought this at Winners, and it is a salon product, so I'm very glad I was able to get it at a much cheaper price!


I've also been loving the Andalou Naturals Renewal Cream.  I have been using this religiously, and my skin is so lovely.  I don't have any dry patches, and I do think my skin looks brighter.  The smell of this is also fantastic, it smells like oranges! I have a full first impression post of this coming soon, so I won't bang on about it too much right now!


My final face and body favourite are the Balea 3-in-1 wipes.  I love having these handy, they're so convenient and take off all of your makeup.  Now, I know I should cleanse my face every single day and blah blah blah but some nights I come home and want to fall into bed before I've even  parked my car.  So these are nice for those days (and then I cleanse really well the next morning!)  I like everything about these, I always feel like my face is clean after using them, they don't have much of a scent to them, and even though they can be a bit pricey, I always stock up when they're on sale.

Makeup

For makeup this month, I have been in love with the L'Oreal Lineur Intense felt tip liquid liner.  This is an amazing product, it is the reason I have been wearing winged liner almost every day.  Making the wing is so easy with this product, and it makes a really bold line that stays in place all day.  I think this is great, you should all try it if you get the chance!


In addition to this liner, I have been loving the L'Oreal Voluminous Original mascara.  I love how much volume and length it gives to my lashes.  It is a little bit smudgy, so I recommend waterproof if you have oily lids or mascara smudges easily on you.  But all in all, I really like it.  I also like it for my bottom lashes, and very rarely do I find a mascara I like to both top and bottom sets of lashes!


All of the products I have been loving seem to have been featured in my haul this month, and this one is no exception.  I actually have been loving the Covergirl Professional loose powder, despite having some serious misgivings when I first started using it.  This is incredibly mattifying, and looks amazing.  I have used this to set foundation, but I really like it must over my moisturizer for light makeup days.  The only thing I don't like about this is the smell, it's very strange (but not unbearable).

And that's it for my May favourites! If you liked this, please go follow me on Twitter or like me on Facebook to see when my next post is.  New Tutorial coming on Tuesday!

xoxo Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment