Sunday, 15 June 2014

First Impression: Andalou Naturals Probiotic + C Renewal Cream

Hey there!

I love doing First Impression posts for you, I hope you enjoy them too.  This time I am doing another first impression of a moisturizer.  Last time I reviewed the Derma E Soothing Moisture Creme, which I've used faithfully ever since.  However, since it's getting warmer out I don't need something so heavy.

Today I'll be trying out the Andalou Naturals Probiotic + C Renewal Cream.  I've used things from this brand before and liked them all, so hopefully this is just as good!


What is it?
This is a daily moisturizer.  It doesn't specify if it's for night or day, so I assume you can use it for both.

The package says, "Fruit Stem Cell Complex and Vitamin C effectively slow cellular damage, stimulating circulation and healthy cell renewal, diminishing dark spots and discolouration for even skin tone.  Probiotics boost beneficial microflora for improved dermal immunity and a fresh, radiant complexion."

The fruit stem cells in the product are Malus Domestica Apple and Solar Vitis Grape.  It also contains a BioActive 8 Berry Complex (a "certified organic portfolio of superfruit antioxidants) and certified organic aloe vera, which soothes inflammation, oxegenates, hydrates, and advances absorption of the active ingredients.  Many of the ingredients in this are certified organic and/or fair trade.

This product is Non-GMO project verified, which means it contains no genetically modified ingredients, and is verified gluten free.  It isn't tested on animals, is hypo-allergenic, and contains no parabens, or sulfates.

Review



Packaging
I quite like the packaging of this.  The box it comes in is cute; it's nice and bright with the yellow, reflecting what it promises to do which is brighten your skin. I also really like that everything important is on the box so you can immediately see exactly what the product is when you pick it off the shelf.


The inside of the box is fantastic, that's all there is to it.  The top of the lid has a Joseph Campbell quote, "Follow your bliss and doors will open where there were no doors before", and then there's things like "Mindful Action" and "Inspired Beauty" written in white on green for the background.  I think it's adorable!


The actual container is also quite nice.  I love the sliver lid and thick, sturdy jar which looks like glass but is actually plastic.  It looks expensive and luxurious to me, and I'm a sucker for nice packaging, we all know it!  I also really like the green colour of the plastic, it's pretty but also a little different from the usual white/opaque/clear packaging usually seen on moisturizers.  The writing on the jar is very simple and easily read, which also gives it major points from me. 

Price
The price on this is nothing crazy, somewhere in the mid-range.  I have seen it for anywhere between $15 and $30 regular price, depending on where it is.  It was $15 at Winner's, but they don't always have it.  One place that does sell this brand is Zehrs, so if you're there check it out.  I believe this product is closer to $25/$30 there.

Performance
I am incredibly impressed with this moisturizer.  It's nice and light, with a light and refreshing citrus scent, and it sinks into the skin very nicely.  It isn't sticky, and it doesn't leave an oily or greasy sheen on the skin.  You can't feel it sitting on your face either.  After use, your skin just feels so soft and refreshed, and there is only a hint of the scent left over.


Final Verdict
I love this.  I've used it multiple times since writing the initial first impression, and haven't picked up anything else.  It's so light and moisturizing that it is perfect for the summer months.  You can wear this under makeup no problem, and it really does make your skin look brighter and nicer.  Even though the price is a little bit higher than some you might find in the drugstore, I think this is definitely worth it.  You can rarely find organic products at a low price that work as well as this, and for those reasons I would highly recommend you try this out!

That's all for now, leave comments below if there are any products you would like me to review!
xoxo Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment