Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Tutorial Tuesday: Sexy, Everyday Eyes

Hello everybody and welcome to my new series: Tutorial Tuesday! It's pretty self-explanatory, but in case you're confused, I will be blogging a tutorial EVERY TUESDAY for 10 WEEKS in addition to my other posts! I'm excited, hope you are too!

This look is a really easy neutral look using MAC shadows, but there's something about it that is also super sexy.  I hope you enjoy!

Do my eyes look really green in this photo or is it just me?
*PS: I am not wearing foundation, and my eyebrows need to be done.  There, now no one needs to say anything about it in the comments <3*


Step 1: Alright, so to start I primed my lids with this e.l.f. eye primer.  I love this stuff, it really does help the shadows to stick to the lid and helps them last all day.

This isn't quite true to colour, it's a lot less gold than this.
Step 2: Next, I used a Real Techniques base shadow brush to put Amber Lights from MAC all over the lid and blend it out.  With this look, you don't want any harsh lines.  It's a little bit smokey, so you want everything to be well-blended.


Step 3: Then I took Mulch from MAC and blended that into the crease and through the socket to add a little bit of depth and give it that little bit of smokiness.


Step 4: Now it's time to line.  I used a really fine angled brush to take the Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Charcoal across the lash line, as close as I could possibly get it.  I didn't want the liner to be super defined, I just wanted my lashes to look thicker and my eyes to look bigger.  I put this right down to the very inside of my eye, right above the tear duct, so that there was no obvious line where it ended.


Step 5: Finally, I curled my lashes and used my Lancome Hypnose mascara to make my top lashes full and long, and my Maybelline Big Eyes The Falsies lower lashes brush to make my lower lashes thicker and longer.

And voila! That's my everyday, somewhat sexy eye look.  I hope you liked it, let me know in the comments any looks you would like to see over the coming 9 weeks!
xoxo Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment